Election Information & Voter Registration
2022 Elections Dates:
Town Election -Tuesday, March 8, 2022 Polls open 8:00AM - 7:00PM at the Town Hall
State Primary Election - Tuesday, September 13, 2022
State General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Town Budget Hearing - Tuesday, February 8, 2022, Town Hall, 6:00PM (Snow Date 2/10)
Annual Town Meeting - Saturday, March 12, 2022, Strafford School Gym, 8:30AM
- Attend In Person - Enter the school gymnasium.
- Attend from your car - Park in the designated, upper school parking lot, beside the gymnasium. An outside Ballot Clerk Attendant will check you in and give instruction on listening on a FM Station and voting from your car.
You must be a registered voter in Strafford to vote at the Annual Town Meeting
As posted by the School Board in the Strafford Community Calendar
School District Budget Hearing - Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 6:00PM (Snow Date 2/3)
Annual School District Meeting - Saturday, March 5, 2022, Strafford School Gym, 9:00AM (Snow Date 3/9,6pm)
You must be a registered voter in Strafford to vote at the Annual School District Meeting
In accordance with NH RSA 654:39, every ten years the supervisors of the checklist in each city and town in the State of New Hampshire are required to conduct a verification of the voter checklist. Any person on the checklist who has not voted in the past four years must re-register to remain on the checklist. The Supervisors mailed notice letters in May of 2021 to these voters at the address the voter provided when registering.
- You can register to vote or change voter information with the Town Clerk during regular business hours.
- 2/26 is the last day to register to vote before 3/8 election. You can register to vote on Election Day.
- If you are registering as a new voter a photo ID, proof of citizenship, age and domocile in Strafford needs to be provided.
- You can check your voter status with SOS NH - Voter Look up
Voting by Absentee:
- New Hampshire voters may vote by absentee ballot for specific reasons. The reasons include; being absent from the voter’s city or town, a religious observance, disability or illness, and employment commitments (including caregiving) during the entire time the polls are open. Absentee ballots may also be available when a weather emergency impacts an election. (If you are voting by Absentee due to Covid concerns you may choose disability/illness for the reason.)
- 2022 Strafford Town Election 3/8/2022 Absentee Ballot Request Form - Here
- 2022 State Primary 9/13/2022 & State General 11/8/2022 Absentee Ballot Request Form - Here
FPCA - Military or Overseas Citizen Registration:
- If you are a member of the military, you can obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) from your commanding officer.
- If you are an overseas citizen or if your commanding officer does not have the form you may click here: FPCA to obtain the form and information on how to fill out and return.
- Uniformed & Overseas Voter Information - Click Here
Election Laws Here
Disclaimer: The complete election laws are available on-line. A court order, however, struck down all changes to the law in Senate Bill 3 (2017). The on-line election laws currently show the enjoined language. Do not rely on the online law without referring to the court’s decision and Senate Bill 3 to determine the current law. The on-line election laws do not reflect the law presently in effect for voter registration.
If you still have questions or need assistance contact the Strafford Town Clerk's Office at: