Election Information, Voter Registration, Absentee Ballot Request
Click Here - for NH Secretary of State - Information on Voting during COVID-19
New Voter Registration:
- If you are a United States Citizen, 18 years old by election day and a resident of Strafford NH you may register to vote in person at the Town Clerk's Office during regular business hours. (M,W,Th 8:30am - 2:00pm & Tue 1:00pm - 7:00pm) If you are registering as a new voter a photo ID, proof of citizenship, age and domocile in Strafford needs to be provided.
- The last day to register to vote in person at the Town Clerk's Office before the General Election is Wednesday, October 28, 2020. You may register to vote on election day.
- Due to COVID-19 concerns new voters can register to vote by Absentee. Contact the Town Clerk for more information on Absentee Voter Registration.
Absentee Ballot Voting Information:
- Any REGISTERED voter may request an absentee ballot for the November 2020 General Election based on concerns regarding COVID-19.
- Absentee Ballot Request Form - Click Here
- General Election Ballots have not been received or mailed out yet. The Town Clerk expects to receive them by the last week of September and will be ready to get them right in the mail to Absentee Voters.
- Due to COVID-19 concerns new voters can also register to vote by Absentee. Contact the Town Clerk for more information on Absentee Voter Registration.
- Absentee Ballots must be returned by 5pm on Election Day.
- See the following links for Absent Ballot Tracking & Voter Look up:
SOS NH - Absentee Ballot Tracking
SOS NH - Voter Look up
General Election - November 3, 2020 Information:
- The General Election is on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Polls will be open and safety measures in place for in-person voting from 8:00am - 7:00pm at the Town Hall (12 Mountain View Dr., behind the Post Office).
- Any registered voter may request an absentee ballot for the November 2020 General Elections based on concerns regarding COVID-19.
State Primary Election was held on Tuesday, September 8, 2020
FPCA - Military or Overseas Citizen Registration:
- If you are a member of the military, you can obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) from your commanding officer.
- If you are an overseas citizen or if your commanding officer does not have the form you may click here: FPCA to obtain the form and information on how to fill out and return.
- Uniformed & Overseas Voter Information - Click Here
If you still have questions or need assistance contact the Strafford Town Clerk at: